Tickets to the “3rd Annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival 2010: A Bacon Odyssey. One Giant Step For Man, One Giant Leap For Bacon” will be available for purchase in the coming weeks, announces the Iowa Bacon Board. Watch this site for details in the coming weeks on how you can participate in the activities of this year’s “Bacon Week”. The week long celebration of all things bacon will include the folllowing:
BACON WEEK INCLUDES
- Monday (2/22): Bacon specials will be served at Baby Boomers Cafe (think Obama girl cookies) in Des Moines’ East Village.
- Tuesday (2/23): Homeless shelter dinner at United Shelter & Services for 120 people.
- Wednesday (2/24): Bacon Elegance Dinner at Cafe di Scala. This annual dinner is a 6 course dinner created by chef and owner Tony Lemmo and Phil Shires. Tickets are $65 and limited to 60 attendees.
- Thursday (2/25): Bacon specials at the El Bait Shop’s Jimmy Carter Happy Hour featuring the Iowa Homebrewers Union.
- Friday (2/26): Enjoy time with your family and friends as you mentally prepare for Saturday’s premiere bacon festival!
- Saturday (2/27): Be at the Des Moines Scottish Rite Masonic Center at 519 Park Street, Des Moines, IA when the doors open at 10am to enjoy the day’s festivities!