I’M SO EXCITED! I GOT MY TICKETS! NOW WHAT?
WHERE IS THE BLUE RIBBON BACON FESTIVAL TAKING PLACE?
The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will be held at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Check-in will be in the Elwell building and the festival is occurring in BOTH the Varied Industries building and Jacobson building across the parking lot. There is free parking located throughout the fairgrounds, however; the north lot is generally the best location to find an available spot.
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL?
The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival is a 21 year and older event. Feel free to bring your younger audience to the family friendly event at the Science Center to be held during Bacon Week.
WHERE IS CHECK-IN LOCATED?
This year the check-in process will be indoors! Hooray! When you arrive, please make your way over to the Elwell building on the western edge of the fairgrounds. In here, you’ll be able to check in, pick up your goodie bag, and grab a beverage all while indoors.
THIS YEAR’S THEME IS “VIVA LAS BACON” – HOW CAN I MAXIMIZE MY BACON / VEGAS EXPERIENCE?
The bacon-loving public in the past has embraced each annual theme with their own costumes, t-shirts, and gear to fully immerse themselves in the experience. What comes to mind when you think of Vegas draped in bacon?
WHAT IF IT RAINS OR SNOWS ON BACON DAY?
The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will proceed rain / shine on the designated day. There isn’t enough room for a coat check AND all that bacon we want to deliver so plan accordingly.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE FESTIVAL?
There are many great to things you can bring to the festival but our favorites include:
- Your love of bacon
- Cash for additional bacon paired foods and beverages (ATM’s will be on site)
- Your favorite bacon haiku
- Your willingness to share in bacon camaraderie
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY GENERAL ADMISSION (GA) TICKET PURCHASE?
- Admission into the event
- A Commemorative T-shirt
- A Commemorative Beverage Koozie
- $5 in Bacon Bucks to be used to purchase a wide array of bacon-inspired delights from various restaurants (additional Bacon Bucks are available for purchase onsite)
- Two Beverage Tickets (additional Beverage Tickets are available for purchase onsite)
- Live Music and Entertainment
- Bacon Educational Lectures
- UNLIMITED BACON SAMPLES FROM THE LARGEST BACON SHOWCASE IN THE WORLD!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY TABLE TICKET PURCHASE?
- Guaranteed Seating – Seating at the festival is limited and with a table you have a place to sit, eat, rest and watch as the world of bacon explodes around you.
- 10 Tickets – Each table is provided 10 general admission tickets to the festival.
- Table Gift – The table captain will be awarded 10 limited edition Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival party favors to distribute to their guests.
- Extra Bacon Bucks – An additional $50 in Bacon Bucks will be provided to the table captain to distribute to their guests.
I’M GOING TO A BACON ELEGANCE DINNER – WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
You’ve joined the ranks with the select few who understand that bacon is more than just a side – it’s a meal enhancing way of life! Each dinner features a multi-course meal created by some of Des Moines’ most inventive and inspired chefs. You’ll enjoy an evening of drinks, appetizers, dinner, bacon camaraderie and a limited edition gift from the Iowa Bacon Board. Each dinner starts with a cash bar cocktail hour at 6pm and dinner starts at 7pm with a cocktail pairing for each course.
I’M GOING TO BE A STUDENT AT THE BACON UNIVERSITY – WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
This package includes one general admission ticket to the festival paired with room, board and tuition at the first Blue Ribbon Bacon University on April 26-27. The weekend will include:
- An exclusive one-night stay at the Lodge at Honey Creek Resort State Park on Lake Rathbun Lake (http://honeycreekresort.com/)
- A first-class bacon education provided by bacon industry scholars and leaders
- Complimentary bacon and beer will be made available during bacon lectures
- Live entertainment in the evening (participation is encourage, but not required)
- A truly Iowa-inspired Bacon Elegance dinner by the lake
- An American breakfast (with bacon)
- The opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to all future Blue Ribbon Bacon Festivals for eternity (transferable upon death)
*This reflects a single occupancy rate for a room with two queen beds at the Honey Creek Lodge. Those students who have found an enrolled bacon student to share a room with before February 15,2014 will receive a $50 cash-back rebate or payment in bacon (your choice).
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS AT THE DOOR?
The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival has historically sold out on the day tickets go on sale. No tickets are available at the door on the day of the event. It is recommended that if you want a ticket you gear up to buy tickets on 12/12/13 at 12:12:13.
WHERE DO I PARK?
There is free parking located throughout the fairgrounds, however; the north lot is generally the best location to find an available spot. Cabs will be on hand the day of in case you ate too much bacon and would like a ride home.
All ticket purchases are considered final. No refunds, no exceptions. T-shirt size is not guaranteed.
EVENTBRITE (ticketing site) RELATED QUESTIONS?